Document Type : Original Article
Ph.D Student, Public Management Department, Central Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Assistant Professor, Business Management Department, Central Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Associate Professor, Public Management Department, Central Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Today, the strategy of outsourcing management, in economic enterprises and especially in governmental organizations, is one of the crucial issues in the field of procurement chain management and strategic alliance management. This issue in public organizations and institutions has its importance too. Because these organizations usually have a wide range of missions and supply chains, they need a comprehensive plan for outsourcing according to macro policies and strategies. Despite this importance, few studies have addressed the models of outsourcing development in firms. Using the content analysis method, this study aims to explain the model of outsourcing development management in oil and gas industry. Also, a deductive approach applied to the theoretical framework is developed in practice through case analysis in Iranian Gas Transmission Company. This company has the control of most of physical oil and gas assets in Iran. In addition to the researchers’ observation and reviewing the related documents, the information required for the research was obtained through an interview with a significant number of senior managers and experts in Iran’s oil and gas industry. Using the theme analysis method, this information was analyzed, and the expected situation of the outsourcing development management in the industry, as well as its impact and interactions, was described and explained.
- Ablo, A.D. (2015), "Local content and participation in Ghana's oil and gas industry: Can enterprise development make a difference?" The Extractive Industries and Society, Vol. 2 No. 2, pp. 320-327.
- Abzari, M.; Karami, R., (2010). the position of technology transfer management. Industrial technology development. No. 15, Pp. 33-42.
- Arasti, M.R., Modares Yazdi, M., & Delavari, M., (2008). Provide a comprehensive model for selecting the appropriate technology transfer method. Sharif Scientific and Research Journal. No. 43 M.
- Asharafzadeh, Kh., (2004.) Comprehensive Model for Outsourcing Services, Tadbir, No. 147
- Barthélemy, J., & Geyer, D. (2005). An empirical investigation of IT outsourcing versus quasi-outsourcing in France and Germany. Information & Management, 42(4), 533-542.
- Nwapi, C. (2016). A survey of the literature on local content policies in the oil and gas industry in East Africa. SPP Research Paper, (9/16).
- Damanpour, F., Magelssen, C., & Walker, R. M. (2019). Outsourcing and insourcing of organizational activities: the role of outsourcing process mechanisms. Public Management Review, 1–24. DOI:10.1080/14719037.2019.1601243
- Daneshi, A., (2008). Effects of outsourcing on the events and operations of the electricity distribution company and cost reduction.
- Davarpanah, R. (2006). The concept of outsourcing and the necessities for effective outsourcing.
- Mishra, D., Kumar, S., Sharma, R. R. K., & Dubey, R. (2018). Outsourcing decision: do strategy and structure really matter? Journal of Organizational Change Management.
- DiRomualdo, A., & Gurbaxani, V. (1998). Strategic intent for IT outsourcing. Sloan Management Review.
- Eshrafzadeh, F., (2005). Service Outsourcing Decision-making Model, Journal of Management Studies. No. 46
- Greaver, M. F., & Greaver II, M. F. (1999). Strategic outsourcing: a structured approach to outsourcing decisions and initiatives. Amacom Books.
- Håkansson, H. (1990). Technological collaboration in industrial networks. European Management Journal, 8(3), 371-379.
- 15. Hassanain Mohammad A., Al‐Saadi S. (2006). A framework model for outsourcing asset management services. Facilities, Vol. 23 Issue: 1/2, pp.73-81
- Markowitz, HM. (1991). Foundations of portfolio theory. Finance, Volume46, Issue2. June 1991. Pages 469-477
- Khaki, G. (2003). Research Methodology in Management, Scientific (Elmi) Publications of Islamic Azad University
- Kianmehr, MR.. (2001). Investigation of the effects of outsourcing on productivity in Toli Pers Co., [M.Sc. Thesis] Tarbiat Modares University
- Stow, K, (2006). Outsourcing through small and medium organizations, (Hossein Pahlavanian, Seyed Mehdi Mir Hossein Zavareh) Nikourosh Publications
- Burden, K. (2003). “We’re in it to win it”-negotiating successful outsourcing transactions Introduction. Computer Law & Security Review, 19(6), 478-479.
- Lacity, M.C. and Hirschheim, R.(1993) "The Information Outsourcing Bandwagon", Sloan Management Review.Fall 1993,p81
- Willcocks, L., Fitzgerald, G., & Feeny, D. (1995). Outsourcing IT: The strategic implications. Long range planning, 28(5), 59-70.
- Lonsdale, C., Cox, A.(2000) "The historical development of Outsourcing: the latest fad? ", Industrial management& data systems, vol.100, No.9
- Mahmoudi Meymand, M.. Rahmani, Z., & Basirat-nia, M., (2010). Effect of outsourcing strategy on the productivity of the banking industry, a case study of the branches of the Eghtesad-e-Novin Bank of Mazandaran Province. Journal of Industrial Management, Faculty of Humanities, Islamic Azad University, Sanandaj Branch, Vol. 5, No. 13.
- McLaver. R. (2005). Outsourcing Process: Strategies for Management and Evaluation. (translated by Pouria Momeni and Nasser Azad).
- MOP (2012). Executive regulations for organizing outsourced activities. Department of Human Resource Development: Administration of Organizations and Methods.
- Nelsonoly, N. (2010). Conflict handling, Trust, and Commitment in outsourcing relationship: A Chinese and Indian study: industrial Marketing Management.
- Osborne, D., Gaebler, T. (1991). Government Reconstruction, translated by Fazlullah Amini, Fara Publications
- PMI. (2017). A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)—Fifth Edition.
- Poor Moallem, N. (2011). Outsourcing engineering in transportation, Ministry of Roads and Transportation Publications
- Hadjarain, M, Rahanandeh Purlengrodi, R. (2012-2013). Outsourcing Strategy, Allameh Tabatabaei University; Journal of management.
- Rahnavard, F., & Khavand Kar, J., (2008). The effect of knowledge sharing on the success of IT outsourcing
- Rahnavard, Farjahollah (2008). Affective factors on performance enhancement in the public sector organizations of Iran. Journal of Management, Vol.8, No.4 (31), pp. 77-100
- Rajabzadeh A. (2008). Designing a generic model for the outsourcing process in the public sector: evidence of Iran. Management Decision, Vol.46 Issue: 4, pp.521-538
- Saloneh, S. (2011). Investigating the Effects of Human Resource Outsourcing on Organizational Performance, [Master Thesis in Business Management], Islamic Azad University, Sanandaj Branch.
- Seyed Javadin, SR., & Hassangholipor, T., (2011). Outsourcing process, Negah Danesh Novin Publications.
- Shahraki, M. (2008). Outsourcing, the tool for success and entrepreneurship.
- Sharma, A., & Loh, P. (2009). Emerging Trends in the sourcing of business services. Business Process Management Journal, 15(2), 149–165.
- Shirani, H., and Mohammad N. (2008). Outsourcing and Isfahan Electricity Distribution Company.
- Taponen S. and Kauppi K. (2020). Service outsourcing decisions – a process framework. Journal of Global Operations and Strategic Sourcing Vol. 13 No. 2, 2020 pp. 171-194
- Tjemkes, Brian et al. (2017). Strategic alliances management. University of Tehran Publishing Press. 1st Ed.
- Yin, R, K. (2010). Case study research: Design and method. (4th edition), Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Young, S., & Macinati, M. S. (2012). Health Outsourcing/Backsourcing: Case studies in the Australian and Italian health sector. Public Management Review, 14(6), 771-794.